Classes will be running on Friday 22 June 2018 from 9am to 4.30pm
PDF DownloadSWTAFE_ShortCourse_Brochure_Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency.pdf
What You Learn
Theory lesson on radio propagation, radio components with fault finding and maintenance requirements.Correct terminology and procedures for sending and receiving routine emergency calls including DSC
What You Get
Students will receive a copy of the Marine Radio Operators Handbook.
At successful completion of the training students will undertake an approved Marine Radio Operators Assessment.
Successful completion of this assessment will lead to the issuing of the AMSA Certificate of Proficiency as a Marine radio Operator.
Materials to Bring
Passport size photo, Photo identification (including date of birth)
Learn how to proficiently operate Marine Radios
- Radio procedures to send and receive
- Emergency calls with DSC
- Maintenance & fault finding
- Terminology when conducting calls
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy