1 evening per week for 5 weeks
Class times: 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.
Photo identification (including date of birth)
What You Learn
BASIC fundamentals to welding and metal work (electric arc and oxy welding/cutting)
Safety precautions to be taken when welding
What You Get
Take home a small creation of your choice made in class
Certificate of Attendance
Materials to Bring
Students to wear solid boots, preferably steel toed
100% cotton long sleeve shirts and trousers as sparks can cause synthetic clothes to burn
Welding - an excellent skill to have.
This course is designed to introduce you to welding and give you basic skills, enabling you to complete simple welding tasks and small projects. Ideal for the home user, or someone wanting to start from the beginning and build their skills up to take on our more demanding welding courses and aim towards attaining employment in the industry. Over five sessions you’ll develop your practical skills, along with relevant theory and safety training.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy