Please refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates.
Students must be 16 years of age and above and currently working on a farm.
- You must complete a compulsory pre-training review before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a pre-training review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete the pre-training review before class will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at www.usi.gov.au.
- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided at the training
What You Learn
· Prepare tractor for operation
· Prepare for front-end loader operation
· Operate tractor
· Operate front-end loader
· Complete tractor operation
· Complete front-end loader operation
What You Get
· Learner Guide
· Work books
· Dairy Australia resources
Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the Course in the unit
Successful completion of the units in this short course may contribute to the award of a full qualification at South West TAFE or any recognised VET provider.
AHC20116 Certificate II in Agriculture
AHC30116 Certificate III in Agriculture AHC30216
Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production)
Materials to Bring
Pen, Notepaper and calculator Photo Identification (including your date of birth)
Learners will be required to provide and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. - Long Pants and Steel cap boots.
This short course will provide participants currently working on farms with the understanding of the safe operation of tractors and frontend loaders in any given situation, with or without attached equipment and the application of skills to safely utilise the various components and controls of the tractor/ front end loader (one vehicle). This course also incorporates procedures and guidelines, occupational health and safety and risk management. Delivered over two full days of face to face training. This will be assessed over a range of surfaces, weather and terrain conditions with a 2 week gap in between delivery
You must complete a compulsory pre-training review before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a pre-training review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy