4 x 3hr sessions
Duration: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Please refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.
What You Learn
You will learn how to prepare the hair, select the appropriate products and equipment as well as create the perfect pony. In this course you will master straightening and curling and learn to create a variety of braids, buns and chignons.
This is the perfect course for make-up artists who want to develop their hair styling skills to complement their creative work or those looking to get a start on a hairdressing career.
What You Get
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance upon completion of this course.
- Hair Styling Starter Kit (Valued at $20 (included in course cost))
Materials to Bring
Pen and Paper
Photo Identification (including date of birth)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) equipment supplied
Perfect for the make-up artist or those wanting to get a taste of a career in hairdressing.
Correct hair preparation, product and equipment selection.
Create straight, smooth, curl, braids, chignons and buns for modern and classic looks.
How to secure a veil and hairpieces
Demonstrations and hand on practical training to develop your skills.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Jobs and Skills Centre who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy