Duration: 10am – 4pm
Please refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.
PDF DownloadSWTAFE_ShortCourse_Brochure_1001375 - Cupping Therapy.pdf
What You Learn
Cupping Therapy is both a traditional and modern manual therapy modality. Using vacuum suction via a range of different methods, the therapist can create a highly effective response in the myofascial structure of the body. The result of cupping therapy include; improved tissue elasticity, decreased pain, increased range of motion and improved circulation function.
This workshop will equip therapists with the ability to employ cupping techniques using both the traditional flame cupping method and the modern vacuum pump cups.
What You Get
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance upon completion of this course.
Materials to Bring
Pen and Paper
Photo Identification (including date of birth)
Comfortable loose clothing
This workshop is presented by industry expert Shaun Brewster. Shaun is a Musculoskeletal Therapist / Myotherapist and Exercise Physiologist with over 20 years’ experience in clinical practice and education. Specialising in sports injury assessment and treatment in his private practice, he has also lectured in universities and vocational training organisations around Victoria.
Best known for his work in professional development, Shaun is the founder and director of Advanced Clinical Education a provider of ongoing education, mentoring and support for manual therapists across Australia.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Jobs and Skills Centre who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy