Responsible Service of Alcohol ONLINE


4 hours


Please refer to the dates tab on our website for upcoming dates or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.

We are approved to deliver Victoria’s RSA training by interactive video chat or virtual classroom technology for the duration of the Victorian Declared State of Emergency for coronavirus (COVID-19).  This amendment to the approved delivery method aims to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students, industry compliance and support for businesses impacted by the coronavirus.

Course content and maximum class size are not affected by this amendment to delivery method.

What You Learn

Defining standard drinks.

Understanding of the major problems associated with intoxication, under-age drinking, drinking and driving and serving alcohol outside of legal hours.

Employer/employee responsibilities.

What You Get

Understanding of the legal requirements for the sale and service of alcohol in Victoria.

Upon successful completion, you'll receive a certificate from the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR).

You will receive an online interactive Workbook provided by the VCGLR. 

Materials to Bring

Please ensure you have the following to effectively participate in the online class: 

- Device with Camera and Microphone (eg: Computer, laptop or tablet) 

- Internet connection 

- Class will be conducted using the Webex application. 

Photo identification (including your date of birth)

Dress Code




Learn how to legally serve alcohol in Victoria

If you want to work in a licensed venue or apply for a liquor licence in Victoria, you’ll need a Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate. This 4 hour course will give you all knowledge you’ll need to achieve an RSA certificate from the Victorian Commission for Gambling & Liquor Regulation (VCGLR).

When you finish this course, you’ll understand the legal requirements of serving alcohol in Victoria. You’ll also have learned about the major problems around excessive consumption of alcohol, under-age drinking, drinking and driving and serving alcohol outside of legal hours.

If you successfully pass the assessment, you’ll receive a VCGLR - RSA Certificate.


  • Employer/employee responsibilities

  • Defining standard drinks

  • Under-age drinking

  • Drink driving

  • Customer responsibilities

  • Intoxication

Student Support

At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.

From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:

  • Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours

  • A DHHS registered Disability Support Team

  • Koorie Liaison Officer

  • Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs

  • Library and Research Centre

  • Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery

  • Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy

You Might Like ...

Coffee Making
Coffee Making
Upcoming date: 09 Oct 2020