Please register your interest on our website
Photo identification (including your date of birth)
What You Learn
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Define the five key processes of project management (as described in the PMBOK) of initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing.
• Explain the triple constraints of project management decision making - time, cost and requirements.
• Utilise the following project management tools:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Resource Allocation Chart
- Scope Statements
- Gantt Chart
- Critical Path Diagram
- Responsibility Matrix
- Trade off Triangle
- Scope Creep
- Risk Profile
- Risk Evaluation
• Implement effective team behaviours for managing and controlling a project, and explain the use of these behaviours within the team.
• Manage effective team responses to scope creep and changing expectations.
• Understand how to assess a project’s ultimate success.
What You Get
Training from a leader in this field. Facilitator, Kevin Bennett has 30 years of international industry experience implementing Operational and Business Excellence programs. His many roles have required extensive project management experience, and in doing so has gained significant knowledge in what is required to deliver successful projects.
Comprehensive project management workbook and desk reference guide.
Materials to Bring
Pen and notepaper.
Photo identification (including your date of birth).
NEED TO STRENGTHEN YOUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES?
Then our award winning COUNTDOWN training program can help. Fast, fun and proven results!
Countdown is a powerful, high-involvement project simulation in which teams assume roles at a fictional company with a critical need to improve their project management processes.
Participants are quickly involved in a project, working with a Gantt Chart, estimating delays and costs, evaluating critical paths, assessing project risks and making decision trade-offs.
COUNTDOWN is designed for:
- Project team members who need to learn the fundamentals of project management
- Project leaders who wish to strengthen their project management leadership
- Technical specialists, engineers, finance staff and IT personnel who critically contribute to projects
- Senior managers who sponsor key projects in their workplace
- HR and training staff who wish to re-energise and re-focus.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy