Tuesday evenings 6.30 - 8pm
Please 'Register your Interest' for upcoming dates
Photo identification (including date of birth)
What You Learn
The skills that you can take away to create a perfect fondant cake for any occasion
The basic steps to covering cakes with fondant and how to avoid common issues
What You Get
Certificate of Attendance
Materials to Bring
Got an occasion that requires that something extra to make that perfect cake?
This class will give you the skills and knowledge to take away to be able to make that flawless fondant covered cake. You will practice of a styrofoam dummy cake with the assistance from Chris to achieve a flawless covering of any cake.
Many issues can arise when covering a cake with fondant such as cracking, stretching and a rough texture. You will learn about how these issues occur and how to avoid them so you can create the perfect cake.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy