- You must complete a compulsory pre-training review and language, literacy and numeracy quiz (PTR/LLN) before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a PTR/LLN review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete the pre-training review before class will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at www.usi.gov.au.
- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided at the training
PDF Download1001354 Employability Skills Training.pdf
What You Learn
Throughout this course you will learn employability skills that will that will lead to increased employment prospects and opportunities. You will learn a range of skills that can be applied across multiple areas of employment including; Business, Beauty, Personal Services, Hospitality, Health and Community services
What You Get
Completion of this unit may enable the student to gain credit into a full qualification. Primarily, the purpose of this program is to pathway students into internship employment through YouthPaTH – Hire U phase with Jobactiv. Both Skills First funded and Department of Jobs and Small Business funded students can access YouthPaTH hire/internship opportunities.
Materials to Bring
Pen and Paper
This program is designed for unemployed job seekers, aged between 15-24 years who are wanting to develop their employability skills and opportunities to network and engage with industry to increase their employment prospects and forms part of a more comprehensive three week non-accredited program funded by the federal government Department of Jobs and Small Business. This course will help students develop skills which can be applied across multiple industry areas – with particular focus on the Carers Cluster (Business, Beauty, Personal Services, Hospitality, Health and Community services).
You must complete a compulsory pre-training review before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a pre-training review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy