This course is self-paced and completed Online. Upon purchasing a place in the course you will be provided with a Username and Password and access to the learning material for a 6 week period.
The course date of 15.12.2022 is a nominal date and this course can be commenced online upon receipt of your username and password.
What You Learn
This short course describes the skills and knowledge required for support workers to participate in safe work practices to ensure their own health and safety, and that of others in work environments that involve caring directly for clients. It has a focus on maintaining safety of the support worker, the people being supported and other community members.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Non Accredited Training
This course is non-accredited which means no Unit of Competency is completed, no assessment is required and no Statement of Attainment will be issued. Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance to acknowledge their participation.
Materials to Bring
Participants will gain an understanding in:
- Consumer care
- Follow workplace policies and procedures
- Identify hazards in the workplace
- Identify and deal with client related risk factors
- Manual handling safe work practices
- Minimise manual handling risks
- Safe manual handling
- Using appropriate equipment
- Hazard identification and control
- Infection control safe work practice
- What are standard precautions
- Apply additional precautions
- Hand washing and personal protective equipment
- Reflect on own safe work practices
- Remaining current with training
- Use equipment safely