10 x 6 hr sessions
Dates: Commences on Tuesday 12th July for 10 weeks.
Class dates: 12/7, 19/7, 26/7, 2/8, 9/8, 16/8, 23/8, 30/8, 6/9 & 13/9.
Duration: 9:00 am - 3:30pm
Please refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.
To enrol into this course Students must be 16 years or older and hold a hairdressing qualification, have equivalent experience or be currently undertaking studies to become a qualified hairdresser.
Please note that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend this course
What You Learn
You will learn the skills for Barbering including design haircut, freehand clippering techniques, create haircuts using tracks and carving, design and maintain beards and moustaches, how to shave a head and faces and providing men's general grooming services.
What You Get
You will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following accredited units of compentency:
SHBHCUT001 Design haircut structures
SHBHCUT009 Cut hair using freehand clipper techniques
SHBHCUT010 Create haircuts using tracks and carving
SHBHCUT011 Design and maintain beards and moustaches
SHBHCUT012 Shave heads and faces
SHBHCUT013 Provide men's general grooming services
Materials to Bring
Pen and Paper
Photo Identification (including date of birth)
Proof of Double Covid-19 Vaccination
Male Mannequin Head with beard - can be purchased from South West Tafe if required
You will learn the skills for Barbering including
- design haircut
- freehand clippering techniques
- create haircuts using tracks and carving
- design and maintain beards and moustaches
- how to shave a head and faces; and
- providing men's general grooming services.
-You must complete a compulsory pre-training review and language, literacy and numeracy quiz (PTR/LLN) before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a PTR/LLN review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete the pre-training review before class will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at www.usi.gov.au.
- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided at the training
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Jobs and Skills Centre who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy