Please 'register your interest' to be notified of upcoming dates as they are published.
Please note that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend this course
AgVet Chemical Users Course Registration Statement (or previously named Farm Chemical Users Course) & registration number
Photo identification (including your date of birth)
Auschem registration expires after 5 years - it is recommended to refresh your registration to update your knowledge of AgVet Chemicals
PDF DownloadAgVet Chemical Users Refresher Short Course.pdf
What You Learn
Transporting, handling and storing chemicals safely.
The process of applying chemicals under supervision using handheld or small powered equipment.
The changes that have occurred in agvet chemical use since your original certification.
What You Get
Upon successful completion, you'll receive AgVet Chemical Users certification and reregistration with AusChem.
Materials to Bring
Pen, notepaper and calculator.
Photo identification (including your date of birth).
Your ChemCert registration number.
Casual, with closed-in shoes.
Refresh your skills to keep up with changing work practices
Designed to bring you up-to-date with the changes that have occurred in AgVet chemical use since your original certification, this training covers the process of applying chemicals under supervision, using handheld or small powered equipment, as well as transporting, handling and storing chemicals safely.
- Change to labels
- Application equipment and calibration
- New legislation in place
- Records and vendors declarations
- Hazards and chemical use
- Personal protection
- Integrated pest management
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy