3 hours per class for 12 weeks
Term 3 Dates:
August 10, 17, 24 & 31 September 7& 14 October 5 & 19, November 2, 9, 16 & 23.
Please note: no classes during school holidays
Please refer to the dates tab on our website for upcoming dates or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.
Please note we recommend you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend this course
To enrol into this course you must be 16 years of age or older have completed year 10 or equivalent
- You must complete a compulsory pre-training review and language, literacy and numeracy quiz (PTR/LLN) before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a PTR/LLN review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete the pre-training review before class will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at www.usi.gov.au.
- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided at the training
- You will be required to provide a medical certificate if you cannot receive waxing treatments
PDF DownloadProfessional Waxing Treatments Short Course.pdf
What You Learn
Reviewing treatments and providing post-treatment advice - including, how to obtain client feedback and record; identify and explain associated contraindications and adverse effects of waxing; recommending future treatment; revising treatment plans; providing home care advice and making product recommendations.
Performing waxing treatments - including preparing and cleaning for the waxing treatment; removing unwanted hair with hot and strip wax; how to maintain recommendeded wax to manufacturer instructions; applying soothing after-wax product; demonstrations and practical sessions on waxing facial and body areas.
Preparing for a waxing service - including, preparing the service area and client; workplace policies and procedures; identifying client requirements, growth requiring special treatment; and selecting procedures and products for the client.
What You Get
Knowledge and skills to perform waxing treatments on a range of clients.
SHBBHRS001 - Provide waxing services
Materials to Bring
Pen and notepaper.
Photo identification (including your date of birth).
Models will be required
Casual, with closed-in shoes
ESSENTIAL BEAUTY KNOWLEDGE
Learn how to wax correctly
In this hands-on practical course learn how to wax professionally as well as complete a nationally recognised waxing unit. This is an ideal course for beginners to gain an understanding of hair growth, client consultation and preparation as well as learn all aspects of waxing including the art of face, leg, underarm, bikini, arms and body waxing.
- Gain an understanding of hair growth
- Client consultation and preparation
- All aspects of waxing including the art of face, leg, underarm, bikini, arms and body waxing
- After wax treatment and advice
You must complete a compulsory pre-training review before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a pre-training review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy