One evening for 5 weeks (Thursday)
Class times: 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.
Photo identification (including date of birth)
What You Learn
BASIC fundamentals to welding and metal work (Electric Arc, Arc Welding (Stick Electrode), Mig and oxy cutting)
Safety precautions to be taken when welding
What You Get
You will gain skills in ARC Welding, MIG Welding and Oxy Cutting and an understanding of the safety relating to these processes.
Certificate of Attendance
Materials to Bring
Steel Capped Boots must be worn for your safety
100% cotton long sleeve shirts, trousers or overalls - as sparks can cause synthetic clothes to burn
Welding - an excellent skill to have.
This course is designed to introduce you to welding and give you basic skills, enabling you to complete simple welding tasks. Ideal for the home user, or someone wanting to start from the beginning and build their skills up to take on our more demanding welding courses and aim towards attaining employment in the industry. Over five sessions you’ll develop your practical skills, along with relevant theory and safety training.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy