8 weeks at 4 hours per night for 2 nights a week OR 15 Weeks at 4 hours per night for 1 night a week
Course time: 6 pm to 10 pm
Please "Register your Interest" to be notified of upcoming dates once confirmed and published.
NB: Classes do not run during any School Holidays as may occur during scheduled courses.
Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided at the training
Students must be able to meet one of the following criteria: -
(a) One year’s welding experience, subsequent to or during an apprenticeship to an acceptable trade.
(b) Two years’ welding experience and documentary evidence of the successful completion of one or more welding programs, which includes at least 300 hours’ training in the theory and practice of welding.
(c) Three years’ welding experience.
PDF DownloadWelding Ticket or Certificate - Ticket 3E, 4, 7, 8F or 8G Short Course.pdf
What You Learn
• Preparation of material lo meet code requirements
• Consumable selection and correct usage
• Welding to a procedure
• Practical skills to deposit weldments to meet specifications
• Visual inspection techniques
• Destructive testing to meet quality requirements
What You Get
Training to meet AS1796 requirements in order to undertake Weld Australia exam for selected ticket.
The possession of a Welder's Certificate indicates that the holder has a sound knowledge of the theory of safe welding and has demonstrated the ability required to make welds using the appropriate process.
Once exam with Weld Australia (WTIA) is passed, Weld Australia will issue certificate directly to you.
Non Accredited Training
This course is non-accredited which means no Unit of Competency is completed, no assessment is required and no Statement of Attainment will be issued. Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance to acknowledge their participation.
Materials to Bring
• Pen and Notepaper
• Photo identification (including date of birth
PPE & work wear appropriate for an engineering workshop
Choose from the following Welding Tickets
- Certificate 3E - MMAW (stick) Plate ticket
- Certificate 4 - MMAW (stick) Pipe ticket
- Certificate 7 -GTAW (TIG) Ticket
- Certificate 8F - FCAW (Flux core) ticket
- Certificate 8G - GMAW (MIG) Ticket
Please note: Student must have pased theory component with Weld Auslralia (WTIA) before being able to undertake above ticket exam. Theory component can be included in this course to be undertaken externally in a self-paced manner.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy