Please refer to the dates tab on our website or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates.
Please note that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend this course
Must be 16 years of age and have some experience operating a quad bike and have ongoing access to quad bikes and a suitable practice environment and terrain.
- You must complete a compulsory pre-training review before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a pre-training review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete the pre-training review before class will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at www.usi.gov.au.
- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided at the training
PDF Download1001363 Operate Quad Bikes.pdf
What You Learn
· Prepare a quad bike for operation
· Operate a quad bike
· Complete and check quad bike operation
What You Get
Learner materials and Student Log book
class time and practical sessions
Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the Course in the unit AHCMOM217 Operate Quad Bikes
Successful completion of the units in this short course may contribute to the award of a full qualification at South West TAFE or any recognised VET provider.
Materials to Bring
Pen, Notepaper and calculator Photo Identification (including your date of birth)
Learners will be required to provide and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. - Long Pants and Steel cap boots.
This program provides training on the safe use of Quad Bikes. It is offered as a short course for those engaged in the agricultural industry who need formal training on the safe use of quad bikes for work related requirements. Learners have the opportunity to gain and strengthen skills and knowledge required to safely operate and maintain quad bikes as well as load and unloading Quad bikes onto trailers or other vehicles used for their transport.
You must complete a compulsory pre-training review before attending class.
Prior to your enrolment a pre-training review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy