This course is self-paced and completed Online. Upon purchasing a place in the course you will be provided with a Username and Password and access to the learning material for a 6 week period.
The course date of 15.12.2022 is a nominal date and this course can be commenced online upon receipt of your username and password.
What You Learn
In this short course, we will look at the disability sector and the relevant changes which have occurred over the past two decades. This short course applies to support and health workers who play a proactive role in providing support to people with disability. The program covers a historic journey from institutionalisation to the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Materials to Bring
Participants will gain an understanding in:
- Changing models of practice within disability
- Social constructs of disability
- Supporting independence and autonomy
- Empowering independence
- Person centred and strengths based practice
- Culture and independence
- Frameworks and legislation
- NDIS Practice Standards
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission