This course is self-paced and completed Online. Upon purchasing a place in the course you will be provided with a Username and Password and access to the learning material for a 6 week period.
The course date of 15.12.2023 is a nominal date and this course can be commenced online upon receipt of your username and password.
What You Learn
In this short course, we will look at the issues of professional boundaries and how to apply these boundaries within the workplace. It will identify the legal and ethical frameworks that apply to an individual’s job role within the community, disability and ageing sectors. This short course applies to support and health workers who support clients within the organisation and their community.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Non Accredited Training
This course is non-accredited which means no Unit of Competency is completed, no assessment is required and no Statement of Attainment will be issued. Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance to acknowledge their participation.
Materials to Bring
Participants will gain an understanding in:
- What are boundaries and what do they mean
- Relationships with clients
- Community expectations
- What is a professional boundary?
- Professional boundaries around scope of practice
- Legal, ethical or organisational frameworks
- Public sector values
- Industry standards
- Codes of Conduct
- What are personal boundaries?
- What are personal boundaries and how they impact of your work?
- Qualities of a good support worker
- How to form boundaries?
- Crossing boundaries and the impact
- Breaches of boundaries
- The impact of breaches to the worker, client or organisation
- Case studies