This course is self-paced and completed Online. Upon purchasing a place in the course you will be provided with a Username and Password and access to the learning material for a 6 week period.
The course date of 15.12.2022 is a nominal date and this course can be commenced online upon receipt of your username and password.
What You Learn
This short course describes the skills and knowledge required for support workers to understand what abuse or neglect is, and how it will impact the person with disability. It also builds the ability in support workers to identify signs of abuse and the appropriate steps needed to report and take action.
What You Get
Certificate of Completion
Materials to Bring
Participants will gain an understanding in:
- Issues of abuse and neglect
- Rights of persons with disability
- Human rights
- What is abuse?
- The Disability Royal Commission
- Life area domains
- Identify suspected abuse
- Type of abuse
- Restrictive practice
- Perpetrators of abuse
- Indicators of abuse and neglect
- Legal and reporting requirements
- The Disability Service commissioner
- Zero Tolerance
- Mandatory reporting
- Reportable incidents in the NDIS