3 Hours - Online self-paced learning
This course is self-paced and completed Online. Upon purchasing a place in the course you will be provided with a Username and Password and access to the learning material for a 6 week period.
The course date of 15.12.2023 is a nominal date and this course can be commenced online upon receipt of your username and password.
PDF DownloadBrochure_1001420 Cultural Diversity with Clients and Colleagues.pdf
What You Learn
Understand the complexity with diversity within the workplace. Demonstrate acceptance and develop a cultural competence providing services to clients and working with colleagues.
What You Get
Online Badge upon concluding the online learning modules
Non Accredited Training
This course is non-accredited which means no Unit of Competency is completed, no assessment is required and no Statement of Attainment will be issued. Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance to acknowledge their participation.
Materials to Bring
Participants will gain an understanding in:
Reflect cultural awareness in work practices:
- Demonstrate awareness of culture as a factor in all human behaviour by using appropriate work practices
- Use of work practice that creates a psychological safe environment
- Evaluate and modify practice in consultation from person of diverse backgrounds
- Understand legislative requirements within the aged care sector
Accept cultural diversity as a basis for effective working relationships:
- Demonstrate respect in all interactions and communication with clients and colleagues
- Develop and use strategies to eliminate bias and discrimination
- Understand cultural norms and traditions connected to clients and colleagues
Resolve cross-cultural misunderstandings:
- Identify issues which cause conflict
- Where difficulties or misunderstandings occur, consider the impact of social and cultural diversity