This course is available at our Warrnambool, Portland & Hamilton Campus's
Please view our dates tab on the website to view upcoming dates
Photo identification (including your date of birth).
PDF DownloadCoffee Making Short Course.pdf
What You Learn
What makes a perfect espresso coffee
Different varieties of coffee, harvesting, roasting, storage and blending
How to operate and correctly clean an espresso machine
What You Get
Skills and knowledge to make and serve great espresso coffee
South West TAFE Certificate of Attendance
Non Accredited Training
This course is non-accredited which means no Unit of Competency is completed, no assessment is required and no Statement of Attainment will be issued. Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance to acknowledge their participation.
Materials to Bring
Photo identification (including your date of birth)
Pen and notepaper
Casual with enclosed shoes
ESSENTIAL BARISTA SKILLS
Espresso from bean to cup
Making good coffee takes training and lots of practice. Recommended to those looking for work in cafés, restaurants or bistros, this course will give you the skills and knowledge to make perfect coffee that looks great, and is!
Learn the art of making coffee, including operating and cleaning an espresso machine; the different varieties of coffee; how it is roasted and blended; and how to correctly store coffee beans.
- History of coffee.
- Different varieties of coffee, harvesting, roasting, storage and blending.
- What makes a perfect espresso coffee.
- Cleaning and maintaining an espresso machine.
- Learn how to maximise profits from your machine.
Upon completion of this course you will receive a South West TAFE Certificate of Attendance.
At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy