Responsible Service of Alcohol


4 hours in the classroom plus a self paced online assessment


Please refer to the dates tab on our website for upcoming dates or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.


Photo identification (including your date of birth).

Enrolment Requirements:

Priority Attention to the enrolment process is required.   By purchasing a place in this course you agree to complete the enrolment process 48 hours before course commencement, so we able to process your enrolment and issue you with a username and password, for you able to access the online learning content.

- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at

- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided when sending back your signed Enrolment form 

PDF Download

Responsible Service of Alcohol Short Course.pdf

What You Learn

Defining standard drinks.

Understanding of the major problems associated with intoxication, under-age drinking, drinking and driving and serving alcohol outside of legal hours.

Employer/employee responsibilities.

What You Get

Understanding of the legal requirements for the sale and service of alcohol in Victoria.

Upon successful completion, you'll receive a Statement of Attainment for the SITHFAB002 -Responsible Service of Alocohol unit and a Certificate from the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR).

Materials to Bring

Pen and notepaper.

Photo identification (including your date of birth).

Dress Code




Learn how to legally serve alcohol in Victoria

If you want to work in a licensed venue or apply for a liquor licence in Victoria, you’ll need a Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate. This course will give you all knowledge you’ll need to achieve an RSA certificate from the Victorian Commission for Gambling & Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) and accreditation for the Nationally Recognised Accredited Unit - SITHFAB002 - Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol. 

When you finish this course, you’ll understand the legal requirements of serving alcohol in Victoria. You’ll also have learned about the major problems around excessive consumption of alcohol, under-age drinking, drinking and driving and serving alcohol outside of legal hours.

If you successfully pass the assessment, you will receive a Statement of Attainment and emailed a RSA Certifiate from VCGLR.


  • Employer/employee responsibilities

  • Defining standard drinks

  • Under-age drinking

  • Drink driving

  • Customer responsibilities

  • Intoxication

Student Support

At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.

From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:

  • Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours

  • A DHHS registered Disability Support Team

  • Koorie Liaison Officer

  • Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs

  • Library and Research Centre

  • Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery

  • Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy

You Might Like ...

Coffee Making
Coffee Making
Upcoming date: 11 Apr 2023