Responsible Service of Alcohol


4 hours in the classroom plus a self paced online assessment


Please refer to the dates tab on our website for upcoming dates or 'Register your Interest' to be notified of more upcoming dates as they are published.


Please note that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend this course

Photo identification (including your date of birth).

Enrolment Requirements:

- You must complete a compulsory pre-training review and language, literacy and numeracy quiz (PTR/LLN) before attending class.

Prior to your enrolment a PTR/LLN review will be conducted with you to confirm that the course you are seeking to enrol into meets your individual needs. The link will be emailed to you upon your booking. Failure to complete the pre-training review before class will incur a $20 administration fee for a booking cancellation or transfer.

- You must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in an accredited course. You can apply or get more information at

- Photo identification (including your date of birth) must be provided when sending back your signed Enrolment form 

What You Learn

Defining standard drinks.

Understanding of the major problems associated with intoxication, under-age drinking, drinking and driving and serving alcohol outside of legal hours.

Employer/employee responsibilities.

What You Get

Understanding of the legal requirements for the sale and service of alcohol in Victoria.

Upon successful completion, you'll receive a Statement of Attainment for the SITHFAB002 -Responsible Service of Alocohol unit and a Certificate from the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR).

Materials to Bring

Pen and notepaper.

Photo identification (including your date of birth).

COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate 

Dress Code




Learn how to legally serve alcohol in Victoria

If you want to work in a licensed venue or apply for a liquor licence in Victoria, you’ll need a Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate. This course will give you all knowledge you’ll need to achieve an RSA certificate from the Victorian Commission for Gambling & Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) and accreditation for the Nationally Recognised Accredited Unit - SITHFAB002 - Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol. 

When you finish this course, you’ll understand the legal requirements of serving alcohol in Victoria. You’ll also have learned about the major problems around excessive consumption of alcohol, under-age drinking, drinking and driving and serving alcohol outside of legal hours.

If you successfully pass the assessment, you will receive a Statement of Attainment and emailed a RSA Certifiate from VCGLR.


  • Employer/employee responsibilities

  • Defining standard drinks

  • Under-age drinking

  • Drink driving

  • Customer responsibilities

  • Intoxication

Student Support

At South West TAFE we’re here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.

From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:

  • Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours

  • A DHHS registered Disability Support Team

  • Koorie Liaison Officer

  • Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs

  • Library and Research Centre

  • Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery

  • Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy

You Might Like ...

Coffee Making
Coffee Making